Bald Knob, AR is a small town with big charm. From its natural beauty to its unique attractions, there's something for everyone in Bald Knob. If you're planning a trip to this charming town, here are some of the best things to see and do.
Bald Knob is a nature lover's paradise. Whether you're an avid hiker or just looking for a scenic drive, there are plenty of ways to enjoy the great outdoors in and around Bald Knob. Here are a few of the top outdoor activities:
- Bald Knob National Wildlife Refuge: This refuge is a must-visit for birdwatchers and wildlife enthusiasts. It's home to a variety of species, including bald eagles, deer, and turkey. There are also several hiking trails and observation decks for visitors to enjoy.
- Woolly Hollow State Park: Located just a short drive from Bald Knob, Woolly Hollow State Park is a great place to hike, fish, and picnic. The park also has a swimming beach and boat rentals for those who want to cool off in the water.
- Driving Tour of the Ozarks: If you're up for a scenic drive, take a tour of the Ozark Mountains. The route starts in Bald Knob and takes you through some of the most beautiful parts of the region.
No trip to Bald Knob is complete without trying some of the local cuisines. From barbecue to home-style cooking, there are plenty of delicious options to choose from. Here are a few of the top spots to grab a bite:
- Hogg's BBQ: This local favorite is known for its mouthwatering barbecue. Be sure to try the pulled pork sandwich and the smoked turkey.
- Martha's Family Restaurant: If you're in the mood for home-style cooking, Martha's is the place to be. The fried chicken and meatloaf are both excellent.
- Sonic Drive-In: For a quick and easy meal, stop by Sonic Drive-In. This classic drive-in offers burgers, hot dogs, and, of course, milkshakes.
In addition to its natural beauty and delicious food, Bald Knob also has several unique attractions. Here are a few of the top spots to check out:
- Bald Knob Cross: This 111-foot cross is a symbol of hope and healing. Visitors can climb to the top for stunning views of the surrounding area.
- Bald Knob Depot: This historic train station has been restored and now serves as the town's library and community center.
- Strawberry Homecoming Festival: This annual festival celebrates Bald Knob's strawberry heritage with a parade and carnival. There are also plenty of delicious strawberry treats to try, including strawberry shortcake and strawberry ice cream.
Bald Knob, AR may be a small town, but it's full of charm and character. From exploring the outdoors to trying local cuisine, there's plenty to see and do in this hidden gem of a town. Whether you're planning a day trip or a longer stay, be sure to put Bald Knob on your travel itinerary. You won't be disappointed!